IB Diploma Programme
Dear Prospective SISPIK Family,
Thank you very much for your interest in our exciting and groundbreaking school! As we bring together the best of the Singapore, Cambridge and the International Baccalaureate approaches to education, SISPIK is a school community dedicated to nurturing academic excellence, creativity, discovery, and compassion within its student body. We seek to bring together a group of broadly talented students in order to help them develop and grow in intellectual, physical, social, and cultural realms.
Next academic year, I am very proud to announce that we will be offering the IB Diploma program for our Junior College.
The sun rises every day, but it appears in the east only once in the life of a day. New IB programs are formed and founded all the time, everywhere, but there is only one first year in the life of each IB program, and only one founding group of teachers and students. The glory and the joy of such a dawn is breathtaking and enlivening.
It is exciting to be joining a brand new IB program. In actuality, there are few if any educational experiences quite like it, both for students, teachers, and even parents. Speak to any graduate student who has had the remarkable good fortune of being part of a ground-breaking, innovative IB school program in its first year and you will witness this rosy afterglow in the way they look back on what they learned, the formative experiences that they enjoyed, and the skills that they developed for the rest of their lives.
Of course, this has something to do with working with our wonderful teachers, adapting new and innovative ways of learning. There is freshness in this, a sense that all this has been made just for me. But the feeling is much deeper than this. SISPIK is a school for tomorrow and for the future. Here are a few aspects of being a founding member of a new program that simply cannot be repeated, ever:
- The sunrise effect: the beauty and the power of a dawn that will never be repeated;
- The empowering sense for both children and adults, including parents, of being part of a collaborative, small, special team that is setting out to build something great, and that will endure and prosper as it grows;
- The sense of joint exploration and discovery that flows from this;
- The resilience and spiritedness that is generated by the force that feeds a novel enterprise and the drive to ensure its success;
- The unusually strong care and attention that teachers give to students in a new and growing IB program community and the camaraderie that students offer to each other;
- The awareness that every day is a new day, a new exploration. This is something that simply does not exist in the same way in an established program;
- The unrivalled necessity for invention and the power of creation;
- The responsibility for creating the foundations of brand new traditions that is awe-inspiring.
You and your child will be joining a most memorable and uplifting enterprise. We feel that the IB program at SISPIK will be a meaningful and thrilling experience. I look forward to you joining us next year.
We are looking for students who are bright and bold in their thinking, creative in their approach, determined in their execution, collaborative in their teamwork, humble in their achievement, and hungry for opportunity. While students face a demanding and immensely rewarding, trilingual curriculum at SISPIK, they also find caring teachers who are invested in their individual success, and a variety of opportunities to explore their interests in academics, visual arts, music, and athletics.
SISPIK is a school that offers new and distinctive opportunities in North Jakarta—focused on producing graduates who are well prepared for top university settings around the world, and who are devoted to being forces for positive change in their communities. We want our students to thrive during their time at SISPIK and to graduate with wonderful memories and lifelong friendships. They will also move on from SISPIK with a great intellectual foundation for future study, and the confidence necessary to achieve their goals and make contributions to the welfare of others.
We look forward to having you apply to our school and to having you become a part of the dynamic SISPIK community. For further information about SISPIK, the application process and upcoming deadlines, please contact us for information.
Deputy Head Teacher of Secondary and Junior College.